Home Article Page Contents
WINNER! Carnival Spirit Cruise Competition
Natalie Doyle of Forest Lake, Queensland, has won our holiday getaway competition with a fantastic 9-night South Pacific cruise valued at $AU4,498 on board the newest and largest ship to be based Down Under, Carnival Spirit as part of our holiday competitions.
Natalie wins a balcony stateroom on Carnival Spirit as she cruises from Sydney on November 27, 2012, to some of the region's top holiday destinations including Poum (Emerald Bay), Noumea, Lifou Isle and Isle of Pines, before returning to Sydney Harbour.
It's the first time Carnival Cruise Lines has based a ship outside US waters, and when Carnival Spirit arrives in Sydney Harbour in October 2012, she will be the largest and newest ship to call Australia home.
With approximately two thirds of the cabins offering private balconies, and many with adjoining doors Spirit is aimed at attracting both families and couples.
As part of a major refurbishment in January, Spirit added several new key upgrades including:
* Green Thunder - the world's steepest and fastest waterslide at sea
* Serenity – one of the largest child-free retreats on a cruise ship, Serenity is a vast open-air deck with 270 degree views of the great big blue and a pool, heated spa, hammocks, plush lounges and cocktail bar for delish daily special drinks. Entry is free of charge for all guests over the age of 18, and is the perfect spot for adults to escape, relax and unwind.
* WaterWorks – home to the Twister waterslide, a splash park, and also to Green Thunder, the steepest and fastest waterslide at sea - a belly-flipping, heart-jolting thrill ride, guaranteed to exhilarate.
* Fitness facilities – Carnival Spirit has received $450,000 in upgrades to the fitness centre, with new cardio and strength training equipment, also featuring a luxurious Jacuzzi under a giant skylight and 270 degree views out the front of the ship.
* SplashZone – this kids haven features the Power Drencher, a massive tipping bucket that fills up with hundreds of litres of water, then tips and soaks all underneath it. There's also loads of splashing buckets and mini-racer slides for the little ones.
* The interiors – with new carpets throughout all public spaces and cabins, and a fresh coat of paint on its interior and exterior, she’s looking all sparkly and new. Cabins also scored new flat-screen TVs for added in-room relaxation. When Carnival Spirit arrives in October she’ll also receive Australian power points, Australian currency onboard and her American-style ‘slot machines’ will be swapped for pokies.
Most of her itineraries will be in the South Pacific region over eight to 12 days, with some longer sailings to New Zealand.
All you have to do is enter our travel competition below and tell us in 25 words or less which of the new facilities you'd use first if you were on board and why. This competition closes on Monday October 29, 2012, and the winner will be announced by Wednesday Ocotober 31, 2012.
We'll be blogging live from Carnival Spirit from Mexico from Sunday March 25 and we'll be posting regularly.
Here are our terms & conditions.
Carnival Spirit Cruise Competition
Send To A Friend - Share the Love!
For more information phone 13 31 94 (Australia) or 0800 442 095 (New Zealand) or take a look at Carnival Spirit at www.carnival.com.au.
Subscribing to Ultimate Travel Magazine is FREE and gives you a range of benefits over casual visitors. For one, you will receive our monthly newsletter with travel tips and hints, but as a subscriber you will also have exclusive access to our regular competitions.
Don't be concerned about security - our subscriber list is 100% private. You won't be bombarded with emails from us or any third parties, as we don't sell your information to anyone.
After you've subscribed, you'll be automatically transferred to our home page and receive email confirmation.
Registered subscribers of Ultimate Travel Magazine have the chance to enter our range of fantastic competitions. Our competitions change every few months, and we can offer some great prizes raging from some of the latest books and beauty products, to must-have accessories.